New Mexico Metro Police Athletic League will be hosting an exciting and dedicated mentoring program designed to aid children with the challenges of "growing up" in modern society. The program revolves around the idea of "preventative interaction" which aims to direct the mentee towards making the right decisions before they head towards the wrong choices. The program incorporates a time-tested initiative that strives to make the most positive impact in each participant's life. This program is taking place in our community and involves local members of the Albuquerque community.
- Conduct one-on-one mentoring that revolves around a mutual trust
- Maintain an atmosphere that is both educational and fun
- Encouraging youth to interact with others
- Producing positive decision making through open dialogue
- Create lasting friendships between the mentor and mentee
- Consists of 12 months of mentoring (On site at the PAL Recreational Center)
- Takes place 1 hours each week (late afternoon, early evening)
- Activities may include: reading, board games, sports activities, arts and crafts
- Mentor and family activities every 3 months
All mentors go through a training and screening process, and criminal background check before acceptance into the program.
Made possible by a grant from National PAL.