Metro PAL News
Where There's Smoke, There's Sizzle
Join the New Mexico Sheriff and Police Athletic League on Friday, November 11th for fine dining, fine cigars, good drink and great company, all to support the NMSPAL's Cops for Kids Christmas charity event.
For your $100 contribution, you'll dine on the finest steaks and accouterments, while on sampling some of the world's best cigars courtesy of Ashton Cigar Company. In all, patrons will leave with no less than $100 in fine cigars and merchandise from our sponsors.
For those in even more of a giving mood, feel free to bid in the silent auction, with 100% of the proceeds going to help NMSPAL's Cops for Kids.
To put this all in perspective, with every pair of tickets purchases, NMSPAL is able to give one more of Albuquerque's underprivileged children a Christmas they'll never forget. Every two paid admissions means another smiling child, but we can't do it without you.
Please share this with friends and family and we thank you for your support and generosity.
Purchase your tickets at:
MONTE’S CIGAR & TOBACCO
3636 SAN MATEO NE
JAKE & HARLEY’S CIGAR GALLERY & SMOKING LOUNGE
5400 SEVILLA NW
Happy Holidays from the New Mexico Sheriff and Police Athletic League!
New Mexico Metro Police Athletic League will be hosting an exciting and dedicated mentoring program designed to aid children with the challenges of "growing up" in modern society. The program revolves around the idea of "preventative interaction" which aims to direct the mentee towards making the right decisions before they head towards the wrong choices. The program incorporates a time-tested initiative that strives to make the most positive impact in each participant's life. This program is taking place in our community and involves local members of the Albuquerque community.
- Conduct one-on-one mentoring that revolves around a mutual trust
- Maintain an atmosphere that is both educational and fun
- Encouraging youth to interact with others
- Producing positive decision making through open dialogue
- Create lasting friendships between the mentor and mentee
- Consists of 12 months of mentoring (On site at the PAL Recreational Center)
- Takes place 1 hours each week (late afternoon, early evening)
- Activities may include: reading, board games, sports activities, arts and crafts
- Mentor and family activities every 3 months
All mentors go through a training and screening process, and criminal background check before acceptance into the program.
Made possible by a grant from National PAL.
Page 4 of 8